Popular Variations of Blackjack
Over the decades, people have invented numerous variations of Blackjack, and you can play most of them in almost any gambling place:
- Single-Deck: a classic type of blackjack played with a 52-card deck. In this game, players wager against the dealer — just a classic type of game.
- European: this one uses two decks of 52 cards. This one allows the players to double down only on 9 or 11, and the dealer has to hit “soft” 17 to win.
- Free Bet: one of the most popular variations in the online casino. This one allows you to double down for free.
There are many more blackjack variations out there, and you can explore them in real money casinos of your liking.
Terms of Blackjack
The terms of blackjack might be challenging to wrap one’s head around, especially for the new players. But if you are willing to learn, here are some basics:
- Bet: the players place their wager and receive 2 cards. The sum of those cards can be anything between 4 and 21. Your goal is to get as close to 21 as possible.
- Bust: if either player or dealer goes beyond 21, it is called Bust. This equals losing your bet. If the dealer goes bust, the players win.
- Split: If you get two cards of the same value, you can split and play two hands separately.
- Double down: you can raise your bet if your cards allow you.
Popular Strategies to Play Blackjack
Splitting your hand is not always a good idea as there are cards that are best to keep as a single hand. So, if you have 2s, 3s, 6s, or 7s, splitting might be a good idea. Splitting on 4s, 5s, and 10s is not suggested.
Doubling down is only suggested with 10 or 11, as you’ll only be able to get only one additional card. This means that if you double on a low card, you will not be likely to get anywhere close to 21. So, double down on a relatively high card. If you see the dealer’s face-card is low, you might double down on a lower card like 7.
Playing blackjack is challenging, but you can learn to play in any place and become a real professional. This game is tough — true, but it is also exciting and rewarding once you learn to play it. Try your best and you will become a good online player!
Published January 15, 2020